Goals | Service Area
Following a total joint replacement surgery, Hartford Healthcare at Home offers therapy up to seven days a week for all Medicare insured patients.
Upon discharge from the hospital you will be greeted by one of our nurses and physical therapists within 24 hours of arriving home. Our staff will provide the necessary treatment plans to allow you to recover in the safety and comfort of your own home and expedite your return to the community.
Helping patients recover from joint replacement surgery at home.
After you’ve had joint replacement surgery, a rehabilitation therapy program that’s been prescribed by your doctor can help you get the best benefit from your surgery. With Hartford HealthCare at Home’s Orthopedic Intensive Home Rehabilitation Program, you can gain the strength and range of motion needed to resume normal daily activities as quickly and comfortably as possible.
Continuing Your Recovery at Home
Our Orthopedic Intensive Home Rehabilitation Program helps you get on the right path toward your pre-surgery activity level as quickly as possible. In the weeks following surgery, we provide you with the treatment you need to regain your previous strength and range of motion, while minimizing your risk of further injury and illness.
What You Can Expect
During your first visit, your nurse or rehabilitation therapist will explain your plan of care, including other professionals that will be a part of your home care team and how often they will be visiting.
Your physical therapist's first visit will focus on:
- Evaluating your ability to walk, getting you out of bed and moving your extremities.
- Making recommendations regarding safety in your home to decrease the risk of falls.
- Establishing your physical therapy treatment plan and creating goals specific to your needs.
- The physical therapist will visit up to six times a week for the first two weeks; as you progress you may receive visits up to three times a week for the next two to three weeks (depending on patient need).
- The number of therapy visits you will receive depends on how quickly your progress enables you to leave your home safely.
- Therapy visits will last 30 to 45 minutes.
Back to Top