The Program | Goals | Eligibility | The Facts | Service Area
Hartford HealthCare at Home professionals help you learn how to manage your cardiac and/or pulmonary diagnosis and live a fuller, more comfortable life.
Hartford HealthCare at Home professionals are experts in Cardiac and Pulmonary diagnosis treatment and management. We are the pioneers in our field, providing telemonitoring, and easy to use, portable unit that allows us to monitor your vital signs and other pertinent data from the comfort of your home. No physician appointment needed. Hartford HealthCare at Home was the first home care provider in Connecticut to provide this inavluable service to our patients. We are committed to providing the best tools to support the best outcomes!
On our first home care visit to you, your Hartford HealthCare at Home nurse or therapist will perform a complete assessment and determine the services that are best for you.
Depending on the individualized plan we develop with you, home care services may include:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Social work
- Home health aide
Back to Top
Your customized treatment plan will focus on monitoring your heart rate and blood pressure as well as your oxygen intake while increasing your endurance, strength training and breathing techniques, assisting you in maximizing your activity level while staying mindful of signs and symptoms. You may benefit from cardiac rehabilitation therapy in the home. A therapist will work with you and your physician to create a customized plan, which may include:
- Monitoring your heart rate and blood pressure as you exercise
- Strength training
- Breathing techniques
Back to Top
You may be at risk for cardio-pulmonary disease...
- Have you ever been exposed to tobacco smoke?
- Are you 40 years of age or older?
- Do you get short of breath more often than people in your age group?
- Do you have swelling in your feet, ankles, legs or stomach?
- Do you have increased urination at night?
- Do you experience chest pain/pressure at rest or with activity?
- Do you need more than one pillow to sleep at night?
- Do you cough throughout the day or most of the day?
- Does anyone in your family have COPD?
- Does anyone in your family have heart disease?
- Do you cough up mucus or phlegm most days?
Let us be your partner in minimizing symptoms and risk factors and return to living life to the fullest!
Back to Top
- Of patients on Hartford HealthCare at Home's Cardiopulmonary Health at Home Program, only 13% are readmitted to the hospital, compared to the national average of 26%.
- 93% of Hartford HealthCare at Home patients say they feel more involved in their care. These patients also felt more secure when they used tele-monitoring devices in their homes.
- According to the American Heart Association over 15 million people have some form of heart disease.
- High blood pressure, high LDL cholesterol, and smoking are key risk factors for heart disease. About half of Americans have at least one of these three risk factors.
- Close to 24 million US adults have evidence of impaired lung function, indicating an under-diagnosis of COPD.
- A survey by the American Lung Association revealed half of all COPD patients say their condition limits their in normal physical exertion, household chores, social activities, sleeping and family activities.
- The number of people with COPD in the US is believed to be underestimated. Sufferers tend not to seek medical advice until the disease has progressed and the condition is severe.
Back to Top